My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chillin' on a Sunday Afternoon

The weather here today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It really feels like Fall is just around the corner, and eventhough I love Fall, I don't like what comes after that, WINTER!! Which means no more Chillin' on a Sunday afternoon on the swing, reading one of my favorite magazines, Where Women Create. No more iced tea or lemonade on the swing taking in the fresh air. So I have been loving our summer. Its been unusual here, but I'm not complaining. So I took the afternoon and read, until I had to go in and get a sweater. Yes, a sweater in August.
After relaxing on the swing, I walked around my garden and picked flowers and I made a beautiful bouquet with sweet pea, black eyed-susan, coneflower, roses, lavender, mums and one other flower that I can't remember the name of, I'm having a mind block. It'll come to me later. Isn't it pretty??

Then I came in after picking more tomatoes, to make homemade salsa. YUMMY!!



I love my food processor. I've probably mentioned this before, but its one of the best gifts given to me by my parents. I use it for almost everything. It's wonderful, I don't know what I did without it, oh yea, I chopped by hand. This is a timesaver. They bought me a bread machine one year, well, I no longer have it. I made bread so much, that I wore the poor machine out. It died!! I was devastated. So now, I have a food processor. Such a loyal companion.


Margaritas please!! Time for chips and salsa!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to blog, I have really enjoyed visiting and reading what your up to. I soon will get back into blogging, but as for now I'm still soaking it all in.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene,
    I just popped in to say thanks for the comment on my blog. I love Harney and Sons tea, as well. Delicious!

    I am in the Dallas, TX area and have had an unusual summer also. The temps have been cool and we have had more rain than most summers. I'm loving it!

    Your homemade salsa looks wonderful. May have to make some myself tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.