My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting Ready for Sewing


I received these fabrics in the mail last week and was so excited when I opened the package and saw how adorable they are in person. I love them. The top one is so much fun. I'm going to use it to make an apron out of. The colors are fun, the pattern is fun. I love the polka dots that match it perfectly. Its going to be alot of fun to make. I'm also going to make a bag with the fabric as well. Can't wait to show you the finished product.
The other fabric is one of my favorites as well. A Parisian kitty with the Eiffel tower and a bistro table. Too cute, and it makes a nice apron. I made one just like it in a light blue some time back, I wish I could find my pictures of that one, but it sold pretty quickly. So I thought I 'd try it again.

These are only a few of my fabrics. I have some also hanging over a clothes drying rack. I have some hanging on a hanger ready to cut for aprons as well. I love collecting fabrics, ribbons, buttons, trims, things I'm going to use for my projects.


Well, I've got my fabrics and liners ready for sewing. I know the craft show is in October, but its amazing how quickly it arrives. I'm still waiting for another pattern to arrive in the mail. I'm going to try a different pattern as well and see how it does at the show. Although I don't make my own bag patterns, I take others and tweak them to suit my needs and the needs of other women. Some of the bags will have cloth handles and some will have pre-made wooden or metal handles. I chose a few different ones to break up the style a bit. Its fun experimenting. So we'll see.
As I start sewing them, I'll be posting pictures. Thanks for looking. Remember, you can always purchase my bags at http://www.casabella2006.etsy.com I'll also be putting the aprons on there as well. I've sold all my other aprons so I don't have any on my Etsy store. But that'll change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.