My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Keeping in Touch


We are having amazing weather here in PA. It's been in the mid 70's no humidity. We're getting spoiled. But today I was just thinking of family. I just hung up the phone with my mom, literally, as I was typing she called to say my younger brother and his wife just arrived to NYC safely from Seattle. My little brother hasn't been back to NY for quite a few years. When he moved to Seattle and got married, I think that was about 4 1/2 years ago now. WOW! He hasn't been back home. So today they flew in and arrived at LaGuardia Airport. I wish I were there to greet them but I'll be in NYC next week with my cousins, aunt, sister-in-law and niece. We'll be driving up to see him and his wife, my other sister-in-law. So I'm anxious, I can't wait. I'll be posting pictures of that when I return. My hubby, mom and I flew to Seattle a year ago to visit them and we had a blast there. Great city! Definitely want to go back.
Another thing about family, its been great that just this past couple of weeks, my family on my fathers side, have joined Facebook and we're having a blast on there. Like my uncle said, its like a family reunion, altough we don't see each other, we're keeping in touch with pictures and Instant Messaging. My husband will hear me laughing out loud and would come back to our office to see what in the world is going on, and its me laughing at something someone said or sent via internet. Then this weekend we're driving to OH to visit my hubby's family there. I am so looking forward to that trip. His cousin who we're staying with, he and his wife live in a small adorable cottage and their backyard is a river! Its amazing and so comforting and relaxing. They asked if there was anything we wanted to do. I said "Yes, I want to sit in the sunroom with a cup of coffee and some magazines, books, or crocheting, and listen to the river. That's all." I will post pictures of that as well.
Family is a great thing, its very important to me, so its nice that we can keep in touch, whether in person or on the internet. La Familia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.