My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bountiful Veggies



Well, I wouldn't say they're bountiful, but its just the beginning. We've been slowly picking cucumbers, peppers and little tomatoes these past couple of weeks. But there are two problems, we're getting TOO much rain!! My poor tomatoes are not growing very big and they're rotting. The other problem, I must confess, I haven't been paying much attention to my veggies. The tomatoes need staked up terribly, because of this, they're not getting sun, not enough sun, so I'm adding to the rotting problem. I'm ashamed, I took such good care of them when I first planted them, and I've let them go wild. So this evening, my hubby and I staked up only 3 plants, out of 12!! I didn't buy enough stakes, STINK!!! So tomorrow I'll have to go and buy at least 10-15 more stakes. But I'm certain, once they're staked up, they'll do much better and I'll have tomatoes growing out of my head! One plant is taller than me staked up!! I've never seened such a thing before.
So I have lots of plans for this tomatoes, I hope they hang in there for me, I'll never neglect them again, Well, I'll try.....LOL.
By the way, all those little green ones fell off as we were staking, poor babies, they'll have to ripen on the windowsill now. Any one say, Salsa!!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.