My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Ocean Getaway




I would have to say my FAVORITE getaway would have to be to the ocean!! My husband and I enjoy traveling, we've seened different places, but I'd have to say I absolutely LOVE the ocean!! The smells, the sounds, the sand, even hearing the seagulls fly over, it is such a comforting and relaxing place for me to be. I will sit on the beach for hours reading and listening to the waves crashing in. I even enjoy the squeals of the children playing in the sand or when the water gets too close they're running and screaming, or when they see a small crab appear, it is so funny hearing them. I'd prefer to hear children screaming and playing then hearing people carry on a loud conversation as if they're the only ones there, that to me is annoying. No need to talk so loud that everyone in the 1/2 mile radius on the beach can hear what you ate last night, or that you went to a club the night before and got drunk, seriously, does everyone need to know all that?? I just want to hear the kids play, the waves crash in, and hear the seagulls going over me while I relax and read my new book, which by the way, I bought "My Life in France" by Julia Child and I could not put it down. Now I cannot wait to see the movie "Julie and Julia". Wonderful book to read on vacation. I also now want to learn how to cook French Cuisines, thanks to Julia Child....lol.
Well, now we're back from our vacation, and my hubby and I are so grateful that my in-laws own a condo just one block from the ocean. It's WONDERFUL!! We ate well, too well, I'm on a diet now...but the food was incredible. So, now back to our routines, that was a wonderful break, I am ready to go back though. I can smell the salt water now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.