My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Humble Oasis





I'm not sure what the exact fascination is with viewing into other peoples homes. Is it curiosity? Looking for ideas? Seeing how the other lives? Or just plain nosey..lol..? Whatever it is, it's certainly something I enjoy. I've joined other blog sites and so many of them post pictures of their homes and it's like looking at a magazine online. It's so much fun for me. Get to see how they decorate and how they live in their homes. The pride they take in their homes shows in the pictures. So I thought, why not? I'll post some pictures of my home that my dh and I share together along with our "children", my kitties.
We bought this home in 2000. Our first home, it was so exciting. It's a simple home. One story ranch style. It needed quite a bit of updating since everything was original and just didn't fit us. On the inside, we put in a new kitchen, after seven years of living here. Then we added the french doors between the dining room and family room. We finally fixed up our bedroom two years after all the other renovations. But we knew when we bought the home that it would take time to fix it up and make it ours. That it did, it took alot of time. But after living in the home for awhile you get a feel of what you really want to do with it. The most exciting renovation was the kitchen. My hubby let me pick out everything!!! This room is my domain. I love to bake and cook. So he told me as long as we can keep in our budget, I could pick whatever I'd like. HOW EXCITING!!!
My next joy is our bedroom. I did not like our bedroom, but like all projects, that is usually the last to get fixed. And we finally did it, last year. Now, I just love going in there, and when the sun shines through the sheer curtains, it takes on a romantic flair. It looks like I'm in the clouds.
So after all the hard work, time, energy, tears and sweat, we got the humble oasis we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.