My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family Visits


So my parents drove down from NYC to visit this past weekend. Mom and dad visit quite often now that they have a granddaughter, she's actually the only grandchild in our family. She belongs to my brother and his wife. My niece, my love who stole my heart the first time I held her.

So tiny in my arms, I fell in love. She has been a big part of our lives. I thank my sister-in-law for allowing us to whisk my niece away on the weekends. At first, when my brother told her that he'd like us to take their daughter so she can spend time with us and get to know us, my poor sister-in-law about had a heart attack. There was no way she was letting ANYONE take her daughter away for even the day, let alone the weekend.....he was insane. Now, she wants to know when I want my niece and how long would we like for her to stay with us...lol. So my DH and I will pick up my baby girl and she'll spend one or two nights with us. She is so much fun, at the age of two, she is a ball of energy. Loves to make you laugh, loves the camera, and loves to show-off. My parents, her grandparents, are loving every moment they can have with her, especially since they live 250 miles away. But she knows her grandpa and grandma, and she loves them. So we had lots of fun this past weekend, watching my niece perform for us, letting her steal our hearts more and more everytime she's with us.
(Sorry, there were pictures of myself and my family in this post, but I started to receive emails from someone I did not know asking me personal questions that he didn't need to know, so DH asked me to remove any photos that had people in them. So I did. Isnt' that a shame?)

1 comment:

  1. awwww, how sweet. How lucky you all are to have one another.
    I love you blog, from the purses, to the aprons, to all the yummo food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.