My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back from Ohio

We arrived in OH on Thursday night. We visited Seth and Leah. Seth is Brian's second cousin who he's very close to. Listening to these two interact is quite entertaining. They have so much in common, it's great. They get along so well, more like brothers. We love them, and they're wonderful hosts. Isn't their home adorable? A true cottage with the river as their backyard. They have no backyard, it literally just drops down a steep slope. Seth cleaned out a path so you can walk down to the water. But it is so relaxing there. We feel like we're staying at a rented cottage, but instead, it's free. Leah made a wonderful breakfast every morning. After sleeping in, we'd relax with coffee looking out the window to this beautiful scene:
When we woke up, we awoke to this beautiful view from our bedroom window. We've stayed here before but the guest room was located in another room. They decided to put it in the one area of the sunroom, and every time you wake up you see this awesome view of the river. So calming to see this. And the water moves pretty good down there. Every so often you'll see a canoe go by. Every morning with my coffee I'd sit in the sunroom taking in this view.
When I woke up Friday morning I looked out the window and Leah was feeding their chickens! Chickens! Where did they come from? They wanted to surprise us. They were one of the most prettiest chickens I had ever seened. She loves them. She named each one of them, cute names too, but Seth changes their names to Teriyaki, BBQ, General Tso's, if you get what I mean....LOL. He's a meanie. She threatens him to stay away from her babies. She doesn't trust him. But I don't think he'd eat one, at least I hope not..... Have you ever heard of the game, Cornhole? We never did until we went to OH. When they told us they had the game, we had to see what it was. They even told us there were tournaments for this game. Never heard of it!! Well, they introduced us to a game we couldn't get enough of. You take this small corn filled bag, and you either toss it or throw it, whichever you're comfortable with, and the goal is to get it into this hole, but not always, you need to also make sure it at least lands on the platform. If you get too many points then you lose points. The point system confused me, so I just told them to keep track, I enjoyed throwing the bags.
Brian, my hubby, took this picture of the campfire. It was so nice and comforting. With the nights cooling down, we enjoyed sitting in front of this during dinner and after. We even got to roast marshmallow, love doing that. They are so good!! No smores though, but that was ok.
We have never played Guitar Hero. They kept telling us that we had to play it, but it didn't sound interesting until they got the game out and set it up. As soon as we started we were addicted to it. My hubby was belting it out!!! He had so much fun singing. He really go into it as you can see.
Those who know me, know that I do not like being center of attention. Now, I'm not shy by any means, but I just don't like being the center of attention. But when I saw this game, and after my husband did his performance, I HAD to do it. Plus, it was just family and the music was loud enough that you couldn't hear my voice too much, thank goodness. I sang La Bamba and had a blast doing it. I think we will be buying this game. So this is what we did on our last night in OH. After sitting around the campfire, playing games and visiting with family, we sang until we had no voices left and our fingers were sore from playing the instruments. Great way to end our vacation. Now, I leave thursday for NYC to visit my family.






2 comments:

  1. looks like you had a great time.
    I had to laugh when you was saying about the guitar hero game we just played it at the Labor day cookout at our house, my oldest son brought it, your right it was fun.. pic's on FB.
    Hugs Meliisa
    PS: take lots of pic's in NY and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene,
    thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your advise. Looks like you two had a ball in Ohio.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.