My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Monday, September 9, 2013

Herbs de Provence

I've been playing with paints and stamps and it was so much fun!
I got this idea from www.goodideasforyou.com saw it on Pinterest and loved the idea.
I've seen painted Terra cotta pots but I liked how hers turned out.
Now I didn't have the transfer image papers on hand so I thought I'd use stamps, which I have plenty of.
It wasn't easy to stamp them, so it's not perfect, plus perfect wouldn't be real right?
So I started with plain pots
And I had some sample paints that I purchased for our bedroom, although I won't be using those colors for the room, I thought they'd look nice on these pots
I painted the first coat in green, which I watered down a little
Then put one coat on, not too heavy since I like the Terra cotta color as well and wanted it to show through a little
Let them dry then added the cream color on top of that, I watered that paint down a bit more than the green and used a sponge brush then used a paper towel and rubbed off any excess
Loved how it turned out, then had to let that dry before stamping
Not perfect but that's OK with me.
But I learned a critical thing, the stamp ink takes quite awhile to dry and I thought they were dry enough and started to rub a brown paint that I watered down a bit, over the stamped areas and it smudged some of the ink after that was done, I then waited till they were completely dry to them spray seal them
It was so much fun that I think I'm addicted now.
I planted English Thyme and Rosemary and hope I can grow them indoors with no problem.
OK, so my window is pretty full I know, but I love it!
If you'd like the paint color's just post your message and I'll let you know, I forgot to look and it's downstairs and I don't feel like going back down there AGAIN....

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.