My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Friday, September 6, 2013

Cake Pedestals into Plant Pedestal

I've been searching for cake stands for some time now, since we moved into this home.
We have this large greenhouse window, I've always wanted one and living in a Community if we replaced any thing on the exterior it had to be of the same style which meant we had to replace the old greenhouse window with a new one.
(I say we had to because it was a very old window and not efficient)
Thankfully we got it for a decent price, about half of what we would of paid, it still was not cheap but I
LOVE
this window and I have lots of plants to show it.
So as I was saying, I was trying to find cake stands so I can use them to put smaller plants on, give some height as well, but I was not going to pay more than $10 for a plate, even went to Marshall's and TJ Maxx, still nothing that was reasonable enough for me.
So I went to Target and saw these
 

Plates were a Dollar each and candlesticks were $4.00 each, so $5.00 per "cake stand".
Pulled out my trusty glue gun and started gluing, and I had to be quick, as soon as the glue hit that candlestick it wanted to harden fast.
They turned out cute, I may find something I like better down the road but for now it does just fine.
Yes I have a lot of plants and I bought two more today,
I purchased herbs to grow indoors over the winter, now I need to figure out where to place them in that window.
Oh well, not a big problem to have.
Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing plant ;) Very beautiful ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.