My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Sunday, November 15, 2009

Updated- Gluten Free Pumpkin Coconut Pie and My new Handbag

Hello everyone. Hope your weekend was nice and beautiful as it was here on the East Coast. They've been talking about a bad winter for us here, and so far we've had quite a Fall season. Its actually felt like Fall for the first time in many years. But today and the rest of the week its going to be in the upper 50's and beautiful. I think we better enjoy it while we can especially IF we're getting the nasty winter they're telling us to prepare for. My kitty's decided it was time to chill out, and that they did. Aren't they cute??? In the meantime, I sewed yesterday. I finally used my beautiful plaid fabric. What did I do with it?
Well, in the picture above I'm putting it together. I'm sewing on interfacing to give it some body.
Oh, what's this???? I'm sewing together the top piece. Can you tell yet what it is?
Now what in the world are those pieces for?
Ta-Da!!! My very own purse! I even lined up the plaid lines together, WHEW! I was hoping that was going to work. I LOVE it! It'll be my winter bag, although at the fabric store I saw some other gorgeous fabrics, so I may need to make a brown bag yet. But I am happy with this one. My friend Valerie says I'm ready for Scotland. I am ready to go!!! Let's go on a trip!!!
I bought this rose to add to the bag, but I'm not sure if I should, What do you think? Should I or not? If I do where should I put it? Any ideas? Any?
Then on Friday I wasn't feeling too well, but I knew if I did something it would help, and baking or sewing always does, but I need to get myself motivated to do so, but once I do then I can't stop. So I decided to bake, and I attempted to bake a Gluten Free Pumpkin-Coconut Pie. Homemade crust and all. Now I never made a homemade gluten-free crust and I've never had one either, but I was ready for the challenge. If you've never worked with gluten free products, they tend to fall apart easily. So you HAVE to be patient. And I really didn't feel like I would that day, but I tried it anyway. So, I used my food processor and made the crust and the directions warn you that the crust will fall apart, but its easy to put together. So, here I go. As you can see the crust was very crumbly, but when you squeezed it together it bonded well.
So there it is, isn't it beautiful?
Now, time to toast the coconut and place it on the bottom of the crust before pouring in the batter. I love toasted coconut. I threw in extra for snacking....
The batter can be dairy free as well and egg free if you'd like. I used butter in the crust so its not dairy free. But the batter is, it uses coconut milk and that gave it a good flavor.
Poured the batter into the crust, and placed it on a cookie sheet.
There it is, all done. Isn't it pretty, but does it taste as good as it looks? Well, my hubby and a friend of ours were going to be my guinea pigs. I didn't tell them it was gluten-free. Did we like it?
Well, as you can see, we ate quite a bit of it. It was DELICIOUS and even better the next day. My husband loved it and told me to make it again. So this one is a keeper. In fact, I'm hiding a small piece in the fridge right now....mmmmm!!
I have attached the recipe above if you'd like to make it. Enjoy it, and let me know how it turns out!!! Pumpkin Coconut Pie

The Girl Creative My Post is featured on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. We had a nice weekend as well... after so much rain !
    The bag turned out sooo cute !!!! I do like the flower but like you, not sure where exactly will look the best. Though I think where you have it looks nice, perhaps you should make it removable just in case you want to change looks ;-).
    I too need to get myself motivated to tackle sewing projects/baking, specially 'cause a very demanding little one !
    That pie looks delicious !!! Thanks sooo much for the recipe !!!
    My little one has severe food allergies to: wheat,eggs,soy,milk and all nuts :-( , so this is a good recipe for her. I'm thinking that instead of using the substitution they have for eggs, I should just add more corn starch ..? I'm thinking yam could be use as well !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.