My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Have I been Up To?


Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well. Now that Fall is quickly going by and soon WINTER(bad word) is coming. I don't mind winter, if only it weren't so cold...BRRRRR!!! I've had a very busy past couple of weeks and I realized I'm way overdue with my blog. The picture to the left is my sweet Latte sitting in my niece's toy carriage. I was shocked she let me put her in there, and she even posed for me too....isn't she cute??!!
Today I did laundry and it definitely needed to be done. Running out of some things....anyway, I put a load into the dryer while another load was washing, then I left for work, came back, threw in a load to dry and guess what happened? My dryer won't start.....AAHHHH when things couldn't get worse, this happens. And of all things, and appliance. Something not cheap fix let alone replace. And I have one of those stackable one piece units which I just found out by Internet surfing this product that it is not easy or cheap to fix. We bought this unit several years ago after we added a guest bath and we had to shrink our laundry room so we needed a space saving unit plus this one was on sale. Now I know why. So I'll need to call someone to give us an estimate, to see if its worth fixing. In the meantime I searched for another stackable unit, but separate units this time. Looks like nothing less than $950.00 for both. WOWZER!! How much can I get for my kidney??HMMMM!!!! Aggravations.
In the meantime, I've got to get back to my sewing. I have window treatments to do for our bedroom, my sewing/craft room, and I'm still working on the Plaid fabric I posted last. Lots and lots of projects. But I wanted to say hi! to all my fellow bloggers out there. Anyone have any special projects they're trying to do? Oh, and I have some aprons to make as well. A couple of them will be gifts and they're overdue as well. More sewing to add to my list. How about you? What have you got going on? Crafts, sewing, crocheting, or knitting, etc.....??

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your dryer. I don't need a kidney, if I know of someone who does I'll let you know. Jim and I just put my old but new L shape scrapbook desk together today, I used old doors (I'll post about it later). Then I checked the mail and got a flyer from Scrap Mania the scrapbook super store, it's closing for good, I'm sssoooooooo sad...
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... Winter is fast approching..BRRRRRRRR !!!
    Latte is sooo cute, perhaps you should have slowly stroll her around
    ... did you ?
    Oh how terrible that your dryer broke... I really hope you're able to find a solution soon !!! Even if you were able to use a clothes line outside the weather/season is quickly changing so that may not be possible.
    Can't wait to see what you're (will be) making ! I got a pattern and fabric (Simplicity 2950 Aprons Misses Retro) few months ago for a vintage smock apron with sleeves that I will love to make but I always get a bit overwhelmed and intimidated with sewing something to wear.
    And yes yes yes .... lots of projects on my Handicrafts List.... specially to start tackling this winter (when I may not be feeling very well so those will keep my mind distracted) the biggest one being a beautiful quilt from the Sew Pretty Homestyle book (the one I blogged about not to long ago). This is my very 1st time making something like that so hopefully it will turn out alright !
    I also will like to finish reading a book that we got at a dc not to long ago !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.