My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thinking of Gardening

I am really irritated with how Blogger has changed things. I want to revert back to the Classic Templates and when I do they do not allow you to make changes, or add anything to the site. Either I'm doing something wrong or
they're being irritating. I really don't like how my blog looks and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong
and I don't have time to sit here for a few hours trying to figure it out. UGH!!!
Anyway
So we did a lot of backyard clean up, removing English ivy that was taking over,
pulled up dead bushes
power washed the decks
and raked lots and lots of leaves and there are still lots more to rake up.
We have this old shed that came with the property
It has mold on the outside so it needs to be scrubbed down.
Some trim has become rotten so they need to be replaced,
the windows are in good shape, not broken.
The door needs to be fixed as well.
Because the property sits on a slope, when it rains it just runs down and so the soil gets caught in front of the shed so we have to do something to keep that from happening.
I want to paint the shed,
trying to figure out what colors, I found some inspiration online through Google
OK this is adorable!!!! I love the colors. Our little gingerbread shed is the exact style as this one, but certainly needs a lot of work to look this way, but isn't it the sweetest thing you've seen?
I even love the chimney, I'm sure it's just decorative but what a nice idea.
This ones a bit more rustic but cute.
So many ideas on the Internet.
But we first have to deal with the water run off before we do anything to our shed, otherwise it'll just continue to rot with the water going into it.
So I'll have the winter to come up with paint colors, landscaping and what shrubs and flowers I want to plant.
That's where Pinterest comes in for all kinds of fun ideas.
 


4 comments:

  1. You've been very busy indeed! Oh, but the great sense of accomplishment when everything gets done.
    The inspiration sheds are beautiful, really like the 1st one :-). Hoping the water situation can get resolved so you can start fixing up the shed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes it does feel good. I showed my hubby the second shed and he laughed. but he did like it. So we shall see.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am right there with you on the blogger thing...which explains why my blog hasn't changed since 2007. lol
    Cute shed! So much potential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I don't know what I was thinking when I started messing with it, now I'm stuck with this one.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.