My Casa Bella

COME IN THE EVENING, OR COME IN THE MORNING;

COME WHEN YOU'RE LOOK'D FOR,

OR COME WITHOUT WARNING.

KISSES AND WELCOME YOU'LL FIND BEFORE YOU,

AND THE OFTENER YOU COME HERE

THE MORE I'LL ADORE YOU!

-Thomas Osbourne Davis



Welcome To My Casa Bella

My Casa Bella- means-my beautiful home- but it can mean so many other things. How you make your home a home. The sounds of children or pets playing. The aroma of scones in the oven or a lilac candle burning. The flowers blooming in your garden. The home grown vegetables ready to be picked. Grandma's quilt at the foot of the bed. A fire to curl up to with a good book. Or just a family spending time together with love, laughter and a good time.





















Monday, December 14, 2009

Sewing Withdrawals



Well, the month of December has been an overwhelming month already and a frustrating one for me. Many reasons. One, I haven't been feeling well. Over a week of feeling miserable is an aggravation. I get behind on so many things. My house isn't the way I like it, sure, my Hubby does all he can to help me and he does such a good job, but you know ladies, its not the same. There are just some things you like a certain way, but I accept his help anytime, he's wonderful that way. Second, I'm behind on my part-time job this month. Thankfully its a very flexible job. I set my day and hours, just as long as it gets done before the last week of the month. Which I normally do, until my health decides to act up in the beginning of a month. On top of that, I gained extra work this month, which I encouraged, I just didn't plan on being sick for so long, so I'm a little stressed. And thirdly, I'm having sewing withdrawals. I haven't sewn anything for sometime now, and I don't like it. Right now I have an order for a purse, I ordered the fabric, it came in, but I haven't had the chance to sew it yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you, really I haven't. Thanks for your patience, you know who you are.
BTW, that is my Timmy sitting on my lap last night as I was going through Julia Child's cookbook, trying to come up with a meal plan for this weekend. Its amazing how your pets know when you're not doing well, they give you more attention than normal. My cats want to cuddle with me when I'm not feeling well. Gotta love them.

I made myself some English Breakfast tea and a homemade scone. Love scones, can't get enough of them, but because they have gluten/wheat, my stomach starts to act up. I know there's a recipe for a gluten free version, I just have to try it out. But I love my scones with Trader Joe's Blackberry jam, YUMMY!! Then I feel better after having my tea, a little better.

This morning when I woke up at 6:20am, BTW, that is way too early for me, but I had to go to a job early this morning and it was going to take me 45  minutes to get out there. So I had to get up early, eat breakfast, ummmm, what else did I do? Oh, I had to get gas before getting on the highway. But the advantages of getting up early is being able to see this gorgeous sunrise. There were pinks and purples in there as well, that was actually a little earlier so you don't see it in this picture. But isn't it gorgeous?
I'm up later than I normally am tonight because I"ll need to sleep in as late as I can tomorrow since I have go and have a Cytoscopy done. Horrible!! They won't let me eat past midnight, so I've been snacking. Those who know me know that when I'm hungry the world has to stop for me until I get something to eat, right Valerie??? LOL So I figured if I'm up late, I'll sleep in, and get up in enough time to get showered, dressed and out the door, but I don't need to be there until 11:45am, who's idea was that? So I'll be nervous and hungry, not a good combination, poor nurses who will have to deal with me tomorrow.
But, I am dreading this procedure. Its one of many tests I've had done for the past several months. You see, I have endometriosis and its getting worse. So the Dr. is making sure there isn't anything else going on because my symptoms are showing other issues as well,
    great thats all i need, urrrrr.
So, we're, no I am having this done tomorrow and they have to sedate me since it is a very unpleasant procedure. Painful and uncomfortable. Why do they tell me these things? I don't handle pain well,
                                                             at all!!!
But that's why they're sedating me, thank goodness for drugs!!! Then next week I go for another follow up to determine my future. Well, that's the latest. Hopefully, I can get back to sewing, it'll have to be just special orders right now because of how busy I'll be, but, that's ok. I'll deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.